Activate! Promotions + Marketing was founded in 1995 as a two man, one room company with a dream and a focus to build relationships by creating great promotional marketing (and have a little fun, too). These humble beginnings set the foundation for an organization that has transformed into one of the most innovative, fastest growing promotional marketing companies in the U.S.
A few Activate! accolades we’ve received along the way:
- 9-time Winner of the Promotional Products Association (PPAI) “Pyramid Award” – one of the promotional marketing industry’s most prestigious awards
- Winner of the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) “Best Client Promotion Award”
- Recipient of multiple ASI Spirit Awards
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” for (6) consecutive years by ASI's Counselor magazine (2008 – 2013)
What generates all this success? Our people, our partners and our culture. We are a promotional marketing leader where strategy, creativity and innovation fuel successful branded merchandise programs. We approach every phase of our business with the goal of delivering promotional programs that are smart, proactive, and valuable. Our associates have the knowledge and expertise to create real-world value because our approach really does help our clients build their brands.
- AWARDS: Customized award programs that become a valuable part of your corporate culture
- COMPANY STORES: Next generation online as well as brick and mortar retail stores and strategies
- DIMENSIONAL MAILERS / CUSTOM PACKAGING: Innovative ways to deliver your branded merchandise AND your message
- FULFILLMENT & DISTRIBUTION: Over 400,000 sq. ft. of warehousing capacity and current estimated volume of 1,250 transactions per day
- GLOBAL SOURCING: Safe, compliant, DIRECT relationships with leading overseas manufacturers
- INCENTIVE / RECOGNITION: Reward and award recognition programs
- KITTING / ASSEMBLY: Sophisticated kit assembly services with private labeling capabilities with a focus on the details
- UNIFORM PROGRAMS: Customizable uniform programs with flexible ordering capabilities
- CONSTRUCTION / ENGINEERING: Hi-Vis and FR work gear, behavioral-based safety, project recognition (benchmarks)
- CONSUMER GOODS: New product launches, on-pack premiums, POP retail signage
- EDUCATION: Recruiting fairs, licensing, admissions / orientation
- ENERGY: Green solutions, community outreach, camp commissary merchandising
- FINANCIAL: Internal sales campaigns, branch openings, community involvement
- MEDIA: Gift with purchase, redemption programs, subscription incentives
- MEDICAL: PhRMA Code compliant, - sample trays, anatomical charts and models, dosage stamps
- SPORTS: Game day giveaways, sponsorship activation, dimensional mailers and more
ACTIVATE! SUSTAINABILITY OUTLOOK
Activate! is fully committed to helping reduce our impact on the environment and as we continue to grow as a company, our sustainability efforts are growing as well. Today, we actively recycle, have equipped our facilities with valuable energy-saving tools, and try to source from suppliers that are environmentally aware.
As a sales organization, we understand that the large majority of our environmental and social responsibility footprint is directly connected to our suppliers. That's why we have consistently aligned the Activate! brand with reliable and responsible partners. Two of our "A LIST" vendors, SanMar and Cutter & Buck, are participating members of the Fair Labor Association (FLA), a collaborative effort of socially responsible organizations aimed at improving work conditions in factories across the globe.
PRODUCT SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
We understand that product safety is a high priority for our clients' brands and their customers alike, and our safety and compliance efforts ensure the promotional products we provide meet and/or exceed industry standards. That's why Activate! has established a leadership position in regards to product safety and compliance as a participating member of the QCA Distributor Advocacy Council. And, our suppliers work within the guidelines of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), including sharing of General Conformity Certificates for all products imported to the US, to ensure their merchandise meets all applicable legal requirements.
CLICK HERE and check out our safety primer video to learn more!
In addition to seeking the most eco-friendly suppliers and products, we're also exploring ways to make our daily operations, corporate office spaces and travel options more environmentally sound, including:
- Installing energy efficient lighting and motion detection sensors to ensure lights are only used as needed
- Company-wide recycling of paper, batteries, printer cartridges, outdated electronic equipment, and beverage containers, among other things
- Use of eco-friendly cleaning supplies
- Employing multiple work-from-home sales representatives, reducing their cars' contribution to air pollution
And as our company continues to grow, we will continue searching for more innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment.
At Activate!, we work hard every day to build brands and make a real difference for our clients. But we also realize the importance of giving back and bringing positive change to the communities that our associates call home. We feel strongly about investing and participating in local charitable events and programs. Many of our Board Members also serve as important leaders and sponsors for organizations such as The Harvest Food Center of Charlotte, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Susan G. Komen Foundation and the American Heart Association.
SO, WHERE CAN YOU FIND US?
Activate! Promotions + Marketing is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with regional office locations in Houston, Texas and Seattle, Washington and Waterloo, Ontario. With market coverage throughout the U.S. and Canada, Activate! provides procurement departments a single-source provider across all of North America. We also have global distribution facilities in Asia and Europe for custom product development, global fulfillment and international support services.
Want to connect your brand to the perfect Activate! location? Contact Dave Claunch, Executive Vice President of Sales via e-mail or direct line at 206-400-2464.
OUR PARENT COMPANY
Our business structure and parent company sets us apart as well. Activate! is part of A Brand Company, an innovative business management organization designed to provide best-in-class logistic, financial, purchasing, and HR services to world-class promotional marketing companies
Board of Directors (Clockwise from top left: Fred Parker, Steve Howe, Sam DiBiase, Jeff Denny, Ken Bramlett, Michael P. Beauchamp, Jane Beth McCarty, R. Alfred Brand III and Janie Gaunce)